Earn $100 to $500 in your first hour! $300, $500 to $5,000 or more monthly!...

The Disco Paradise Radio

Search in This Blog

Follow Us On Twitter

Translate

What does it mean to not let the old man in?



Going around the immense world of the web, I came across a video of a television presenter, who in turn made reference to an article or note that talked about a conversation that the actor Clint Eastwood had with a friend of his while They played golf.

The Hollywood star's friend said something like: Clint, how do you make him always look young and be in good spirits most of the time? Mr. Eastwood, who was in his nineties, responded: Dear friend, I am determined not to let the old man into my life. Perhaps, the interlocutor looked at him strangely, to which he proceeded to explain, words more, words less:

—Every time I feel that the old man wants to come in, I throw him out. Sometimes I come home and see the old man lying on the couch, I look at him carefully and beat him out; I tell him to leave my house and my life.

Well, that's as far as the anecdote shared through the media and social networks in general ends; But, what if we wanted to obtain a lesson from those words spoken by the actor, what conclusions should we reach?

From my own life experience and age, which, when I am writing this article, is fifty-eight years old, I can go on to reflect the following: At this age, which is half of the North American actor in comment, the popularly called ailments of The autumn season of every human being is present and, together with the experiential experience that accompanies us from our mind, produces emotional states that appear as if it were an ogre or a grump.

And the above is so because, in the face of any behavior that appears from people with whom we do not interact, we have a very clear idea of ​​what that action is going to end up with, and the impatience or boredom that the discomfort of our body gives us, It makes us explode with insults and insults towards this guy who is just beginning to show himself.

"The old man" is going to manifest itself in the most diverse situations of our lives; That is, if we let him in. For example: in front of a television screen, criticizing a program or person. It could be on the street, when we see a billboard that we don't agree with, because in the past the old man saw how something that was advertised as similar ended and immediately begins to criticize and even curse.

Well, I'll say who reads this, and how do I not let the old man in? The answer, since I am not a psychologist or psychiatrist, is: put yourself in the shoes or place and psycho-socioeconomic situation of the person you plan to censor. You must try to convince yourself that no matter how much experience you have, not all behaviors will end with the bad experience that you have had in the past; try to think that there are still many people who act in good faith in this world; But yes, be a little cautious in your assessments, to save your own interests in case your hunches were right and your prophecies come to pass.

Author: Miguel Ángel Moreno Villarroel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment